April 25, 2020

"Behold, I am doing a new thing, sayeth the Lord" - Isaiah 43:19

"And when the danger passed, and the people
joined together again, they grieved their losses, and 
made new choices, and dreamed new images, and
created new ways to live and heal the earth fully,
as they had been healed"
Kitty O'Meara, And the People Stayed Home

There seems to be some confusion on where this poem came from but my best understanding is that it is a recent piece and refers to our current pandemic crisis.  My thoughts and prayers these days are part of my journey to try my best to understand what the Lord is teaching me during this "time out".  Don and I have had so many good conversations about where we have been, where we are and where we are going.  Sometimes it takes a "timeout"...usually inflicted upon us, not one by choice, to help us break some old habits and establish some new ones.

I personally am so grateful for the wise words God has given us to help direct our thoughts.  These words are as relevant today as they were when they were first given.  God is calling us back to himself to remind us that His plans are still good and still better than our own plans.

Listen to Beth Moore:

The adrenaline's wearing off, saints.  So will the novelties
of assembling via screens.  Will we stick around?  We are
being tested by a God who is for us.  He's out to prove us, 
grow us, wean us off entertainment to produce in us pure
endurance.  Old-fashioned no-frills faithfulness."

Isaiah asks: "Do you not perceive it?"...the new thing that God is doing.  In these uncertain times, we can trust a "certain" (purposed) God whose plans and thoughts are higher than ours.  My commentary on this verse says: "Be ready to be surprised by God!".  Are you ready? When the danger passes, and it will, what will your new dreams be?  Will I make choices toward His way or will I still hold on to the old self-centered way.  My prayer is that when we join together again, His word will be what we seek.  The bigger dream will be about doing global kingdom work.

For further study:  Job 23:13, Psalm 33;11, Psalm 115:3, Jeremiah 29:11, Daniel 4:35, John 9:3,
Romans 8:28,  Galatians 6:7-10, Ephesians 1:11, Revelation 21:5.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly




1 comment:

  1. First time reading your blog... such uplifting, encouraging words for me this morning...His Ways, Will & Plans for me ( us) are perfect! Live in Christ, Julie Happel💜

    ReplyDelete