May 21, 2012

"I will be joyful in God my Savior" - Hab. 3:18

You might be saying "I think she's already done this verse"...and you would be right!  Some friends from a small group call me "Hollyanna" because I do tend to (sometimes naively) look at the bright side of things and this is probably the third pillow I've done on a variation of this theme!

I think life is about making choices and I think (maybe naively) a blesssed life is about making the right choices.  I heard an inspiring testimony recently from Marabel Morgan - a gifted Bible teacher - in Miami.  She told of her childhood when her mother told her she would have to choose between Jesus or her...she couldn't have both.  If she chose Jesus, her door would be forever closed to Marabel.  She chose Jesus and her mother kept her word.  However, the Lord had a wonderful plan for Marabel's life and countless people have been influenced by her blessed life.

Joe Stowell says: "We can compete with God's plan and pursue our own agenda.  Or we can converge with God's plan and join the winning side.  The choice is ours."

God's plan - according to His word - is that we would be filled with His Spirit (Eph. 5:18) and develop His fruit - joy being a part of that fruit (Gal. 5:22-23).  Habakkuk struggled with evil and injustice - as we do today.  But in the end, he knew that whether things went well or not, he would CHOOSE JOY!

For further study:  Deuteronomy 30:19-20, 2 Chronicles 34:3-7, Joshua 24:15, Proverbs 8:10, Proverbs 21:21, Romans 12:17, Philippians 4:8, 2 Thessalonians 3:13.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment