May 1, 2012

"God is the strength of my heart" - Psalm 73:26

                        "My flesh and my heart may fail
                        but God is the strength of my heart
                        and my portion forever."

What are the things that make you the most anxious?  For me:  bridges, spiders, conflict, dirty bathrooms are a few.  We are peculiar about the things we don't like!  The author of Psalm 73 spent the first 16 verses talking about the things he didn't like.  Finally, in verse 17, he got smart and "entered the sanctuary of God" and could begin to see things clearly.

If "God is the strength of my heart", will I react differently to things I don't like?  Cathy Jodeit recently wrote a devotional about how God's approach is so different than ours to difficult people or situations.  She says of God:  "He listens...He understands...He patiently guides...He is compassionate and ALWAYS grounded in love."

If God truly is my strength, then I will listen, understand, be patient, compassionate and always grounded in love.  Might we be willing today to know that we don't know the way others take, but we do know the way that we take.

For further study:  2 Samuel 22:33, 1 Kings 8:61, Nehemiah 8:10, Psalm 46:1, Proverbs 4:23, Isaiah 40:31, 1 Corinthians 1:25, Philippians 4:13, Hebrews 13:6, 1 Peter 4:11

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment