April 25, 2011

"As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord" - Joshua 24:15

Joshua, in his farewell address to the Israelites - after leading them into the promised land, after defeating kings and tribes, after seeing the Lord many times over bless these people - had one more chance to instruct AGAINST idol worship and FOR service and obedience to the Lord.  God alone had to be Lord of all!  The people had to CHOOSE!  How blessed we are to be chosen by God (Col. 3:12); now we must make a choice to serve God or serve the flesh (ourselves!).  I have recently been convicted of my worldly ways and have come to a sweeter understanding of my daily choices - in all my activities - to "serve the Lord".  The world offers us NOTHING, but "...the gift of God is eternal life" (Romans 6:23).  Joe Stowell said: "Life is not made by the dreams that you dream, but by the choices that you make."

For further study:  Deuteronomy 30:19-20, Matt. 4:10, Matt. 6:24, Colossians 3:24

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word!

1 comment:

  1. would like to order the pillow with the scripture Joshua 24:15 and it doesnt have to be here by Christmas you can reach me on my e-mail karenrocketblock@yahoo.com just let me know how I go about ordering it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete