January 25, 2018

Whatever you do...word or deed...do as to the Lord - Col. 3:17

As I write this blog, I am grateful to have finished my Zumba exercise class for the week!  I actually love it...it is not quite as fast as you might think...lots of us are senior citizens (including 80 year old men in the back)!  When I exercise...whether on the treadmill or in a class...I am one of the few who wear a skirt over my yoga pants(leggings)...I know people think I'm a little odd for it.  I think the reason I do it is because I picture Jesus standing in the back of the class with the other men or behind me in the grocery store line.  I am amazed at what I see sometimes in front of me...there is very little left to the imagination.  I don't consider leggings pants and I think they are actually more like underwear than outwear!   I know what you're thinking...everyone and all ages are wearing them...it just makes me uncomfortable when the bottom is not covered!  I think our verse today tells us even in our dress, we do it "as unto the Lord".

I applaud the #metoo movement...those women are taking courageous stands against unwanted advances from men.  I just wonder why the networks parade female news anchors and reporters in the tightest dresses possible.   Why do women go to athletic events looking like they are going to a cocktail party?    Are we aware of what we are saying by the way we dress?

I realize this is not going to be a popular post, but I am trying to live as if Jesus were walking with me in all I do.   I love fashion and style, but I believe each of us has a responsibility...men and woman...to do whatever we do to represent the Lord and not to allow our flesh or the world dictate our standard of behavior.  There is too much to lose if we do.

For further study:  Gen. 3:6-7,  Deu. 5:32-33, Psalm 51:10, Proverbs 14:12, Romans 14:12-13,  1 Cor. 8:9, 2 Cor. 6:3, Ephesians 5:15-16, 1 Tim. 2:9-10, Titus 2:3-5.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment