June 13, 2017

The word of the Lord is right and true; He is faithful in all He does - Ps. 33:4

I can't imagine doing anything that I would love more than my Scripture pillow designs.  Every day I get to go into my embroidery cabinet and dwell on God's word, I am inspired!  2 Timothy 3:16 says:

All Scripture is God-breathed and is
useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and
training in righteousness, so that the servant
of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.

The very breath of God was used to give us - those who believe in His name - His power in His very own words.  Why oh why do we hang on the words of our friends, or our family, or even our leaders.  His word is life!  Listen to Timothy Ward in WORDS OF LIFE:

When we read the Bible, we must be ready...
for God to act on us and in us.  For, as we
encounter his words, and as we encounter the
actions he performs by means of them, we are
encountering God himself.

If we truly believe that God's words are right and true AND that He is faithful in all He does, then we can face the trials of today with hope that the God of the whole universe will "direct our path" (Proverbs 3:5-6).  I do not believe I can direct my own path...only the One who created me knows what tomorrow will bring and I can trust Him!

For further study:  Deuteronomy 7:9, Psalm 145:17-18, Lamentations 3:22-23, Isaiah 55:11, John 15:1-8, 1 Corinthians 1:9, 1 Thess. 5:24, Hebrews 10:23, Rev. 19:11.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment