May 3, 2017

Every good and perfect gift is from the Father above - James 1:17

I just love Noah and all his life teaches me in Genesis 6-9!  This is a playset I have recently purchased to be able to teach our grandbabies about "walking with God".  We have mistakenly made this only a child's story when it is one of the key Biblical passages for everyone about pursuing a life of faith.  However, it is such a privilege to be able to teach this lesson to our children.

What a guy Noah was...righteous, blameless and "he walked faithfully with God"!  In the midst of corruption and violence, Noah knew his God and honored Him with obedience.  We will do our children no favors if we only teach them about right and wrong behaviors.  Listen to my friend, Barbara Reaoch in her article HOW TO REACH A CHILD'S HEART FOR CHRIST:

The gospel is the most important truth for us to
teach a child...moralism and manipulation harden
a child's heart.  But the gospel is God's message
of love and grace that transforms the heart of a child.

It was only when God changed my heart and I became His through a relationship with Jesus Christ that I was able to stop my lifetime pattern of yielding to my flesh.  Humility is recognizing who God is and who we are.  Noah, in humility,  did not give in to his flesh...he yielded to the power of God within Him.  I believe Noah knew God and overflowed with gratitude and it was his gratitude that resulted in his obedience.  To whom are you grateful?

"Trust and obey for there's no other way
to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey."

For further study:  Deu. 13:4, Psalm 1:1-3, Isaiah 2:5, Micah 6:8, John 14:23, Romans 6:16, Galatians 5:16-25, Colossians 2:6-7, Hebrews 11:7, 2 John 6.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment