July 8, 2016

God can do far more than you can ask or imagine - Eph 3:20

Our family is waiting on God for a particular "desire of the heart".  I believe it is only when we are desperate for Him that He gives us the desires of our hearts (Ps. 37:4) or that we recognize His voice..  However, I also believe there are things in our lives that will ONLY EVER be answered by Him for His glory...things that no mortal man or organization can do.  I do believe and truly trust in His perfect will.  I also believe He teaches us as we wait upon Him.

Jen Wilkin has recently written a book entitled NONE LIKE HIM: 10 Ways God is Different from Us.  In it she says:

God is infinite; unbound by limits.
He defies measurement of any kind.
His limitlessness underlies all of his
attributes; his power, knowledge, love
and mercy are not merely great, but they
are infinitely so, measurelessly so.  No one
can place any aspect of who God is on a
scale or against a yardstick. 

This one true God, the Creator of the universe, wants to know you and wants to give you the desires of your heart.  He wants you to live in peace and joy with Him giving Him the glory and not taking it for yourself.  He has given you His word that you might know Him and He has given you work to do.  

Are you waiting on Him today...or waiting for a word from a friend, or a text or an email?  I'm not going to give you the 10 ways that Wilkin gives for how God is different from us, but I will give you 10 scriptures for further study...see if you can find out what they are (and stop trying to do those things yourself - or myself!).  My fleshly desires pale in comparison to what He wants to give...it's why His word is so important for me to know...rather than for my emotions to rule what I desire.

Stay tuned:  I believe God will answer our family's prayers, but in His perfect time and perfect way.

For further study:  Exodus 15:11, Job 26:14, Job 42:2, Psalm 90:1-4, Psalm 145:3, Malachi 3:6, Acts 17:24-25, Acts 17:27, Romans 8:38-39, Rev. 4:11.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

 


No comments:

Post a Comment