April 30, 2014

I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my GOD - Isaiah 61:10

Our church has what is called the "re-verse" theme for Sunday mornings...the texts taught from the pulpit and in Sunday School are identical (although the messages frequently vary quite a bit!).  We have been working through Jeremiah and Ezekiel.  This past week my sweet husband preached on Ezekiel 2 and 3 and the prophet's sorrow (affliction/struggles) and his joy (healing/surrender).  The beauty of his peace and joy was the process it took to get him there:  his vision of God, his call to service and the peace of his soul.  The same could be said of us, I believe.  When we recognize God and who He is, when we surrender to do what He has planned for us to do, we have great peace and joy in our lives, regardless of the circumstances.  Scripture is full of confirmation of this process.

Isaiah, another Old Testament prophet, knew this process well.  Our pillow today reflects Isaiah's praise of the Lord who led him, even when there were many difficult days and it was hard to surrender.  The joy was his nonetheless.

Big Daddy Weave (I know, my boys would roll their eyes if they read this!) sings "Heart Cries Holy":

Standing here in the presence of something more than merely real,
there are no words to describe you or explain the way I feel.
As you speak I find healing for my soul and your touch alone can make me whole.
And my heart cries Holy, and my spirit feels the change.
As my heart cries Holy, I will never be the same.
 
My question to you today is, what is your heart crying to?  Are you anxious and resentful over what you didn't get yesterday?  Or are you delighting in Jehovah Jirah and rejoicing in your Creator God?  What we speak and what we do comes from deep in our hearts...I want my heart to be healthy and whole to reflect His goodness to me.
 
For further study:  1 Samuel 16:7, 1 Chron. 28:9, Job 22:22,  Psalm 51:10,  Prov. 4:23, Habakkuk 3:18, John 14:27,  Luke 6:45,  Phil. 4:7, 2 Thes. 3:16
 
Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.
 
Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment