February 18, 2013

Hear my prayer, O Lord - Psalm 86:6

This psalm is an example of believing prayer.  David gave many indications of his complete faith in God in these verses: "I am devoted to you, You are my God", "I call to you all day long", "you will answer me", "there is none like you"...and yet he was crying out to God for help in his circumstances. We have further evidence of David's utter and complete faith in Psalm 27:13:

I am still confident of this:
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the
land of the living.
 
 
He had not seen his answers, but he knew that his God would be good to him. In 1 Samuel 17:37 David stated his confidence: "The Lord who delivered me from the paw of the lion and the paw of the bear, will deliver me from the hand of this Philistine." So often I think we don't really believe God will hear us and answer us.  David had had many answers to prayer in his life...I have had many answers to prayer in my life...and yet, we still get discouraged and doubt that our problems are real to our Father in heaven or that they are important enough to warrant His attention.  I'm afraid many times our lack of confidence shows in our wimpy fruit.
 
L.B. Cowman says: "True faith relies on God and believes before seeing...Faith that believes it will see, will keep us from becoming discouraged."
 
Are you believing today that what you sought from Him earnestly this morning, will be granted?  Do you believe He will answer according to His will and His best for you today?  His word tells us He hears and answers.  His character and His word promises goodness to those who walk in His ways.
Mark 11:24 says: "...whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours."
 
For further study: 1 Chronicles 5:20,  Psalm 40:1, Psalm 66:16-20, Psalm 91:14-15, Matthew 21:22, John 20:29, 2 Cor. 5:7, Hebrews 11:1, 6, James 5:13-16.
 
Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.
 
Love,
Holly
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment