June 16, 2011

"WAIT FOR THE LORD" - Psalm 27:14

In Psalm 27, David seemed to have evil men around him and trouble everywhere, yet he was convinced of and quieted by God's faithfulness.  He knew in the "day of trouble", the Lord would keep him safe and "hidden in the shelter of his tabernacle".  You see, he had experience with "waiting on God".  Some of that experience must have come from making his own poor choices.

How sure are you that God will keep you safe and provided for?  Honestly, one of my biggest weaknesses is "waiting".  I have this woman inside of me that says: "do it now", "it will be gone if you don't", "it's a bargain of a lifetime", "later might be too late", "I'm sure He needs my help".  She is a pest and a very vocal one and I must learn to say no to her!

To "wait for the Lord" means that you trust Him completely for your needs.  We must remember He sees the big picture of our lives; His goodness and timing are impeccable!  Ours are not!

I had a powerful spiritual experience many years ago at a retreat in North Carolina.  I was very unsettled and anxious.  I felt fear and oppression all around and within me.  I was reading Andrew Murray's WAITING UPON GOD book about the mother eagle teaching her babies how to fly.  The Lord does the same with us:

"He stirs up your nest.  He disappoints your hopes.  He brings down your confidence...and all the while He is spreading His strong wings for you to rest your weakness on...all He asks is that you should sink down in your weariness and wait on Him...allow Him to carry you as you ride upon the wings of His omnipotence."

Today, I will picture myself sitting on that rock with David waiting and trusting.

For further study:  Psalm 31:24, Psalm 37:7-9, 34, Psalm 40:1-3, Psalm 130:5, Isaiah 30:18, Isaiah 40:31, Micah 7:7, Galatians 5:22-23.

Be blessed in your understanding of God's word.

Love,
Holly

No comments:

Post a Comment